Thursday, February 10, 2011

practice makes perfect

if you've met me, you know.. i heart kids! especially, maxwell..


..i mean how cute is this face?
 
i try to spend as much time as humanly possible with the little fella, as everyone in my family does and i have to patiently wait my turn. so imagine my excitement when kris (my cousin, max's dad) called & asked me to keep max overnight! kris had to work 6p-3a and my aunt, who normally gets first dibs on babysitting, was in aruba. i had watched max numerous times, but never overnight. my excitement was momentarily replaced my panic.. will he freak out at bedtime? wake up scared because he's never stayed the night here? will he hate the dogs? will the dogs hate him? my house isn't childproof! after what seemed like a million scenarios ran through my head i thought, i can do this. he's been to my house plenty of times; loves my dogs; they love him; plus, he's obsessed with my pool table. i got this!
 
next crisis: what will we do all evening??? solution: PAINT!
 
kris dropped max off around 5:30.. & first things first, max had to find roar. he may be the fattest cat on the planet but he has lots of hiding places. max hearts roar almost as much as i heart max. he's been obsessed with him since the first time he came to my house.. and he loves to say his name. so off we went in search of roar until tyler came home.. who was just as excited to have max stay with us as i was! i suggested we go grab dinner & take my max to the pottery place. tyler wasn't thrilled with the idea of driving downtown but i had max on my side! tyler was putty his max's hands when he walked in and max said "hi ty ty! i go paint pwease?" mission accomplished. :-D
 
and off we went... to mu cafe. max was so well behaved! he and tyler colored and played tic tac toe while we waited for our food.. and max flirted with our waitress.

after eating his chicken nuggets, as promised we went to the pottery place! max picked out two magnets for fufi & daddy..


he was in the zone while painting.. (i think he's got the artist gene that floats around the taylor/seaton gene pool like his dad) he knew exactly what he waited to paint & what colors. i was impressed :)

after the little artist finished his masterpieces we headed back to my house.. & it was playtime, for max & the dogs! brewsky isn't known to be a cuddly, but he took an instant liking to max and wanted nothing more than to snuggle up next to him and play..

brew didn't move from that spot all night! the next morning, max started referring to brew as "my guy" and instructed brew to follow him everywhere (not that he wouldn't have done so on his own). it was quite possibly one of the cutest things i've seen :)

after a quick run to the mall saturday afternoon and an obligatory stop at the giant fruit play place, i took max back to his faza and called the past 36 hours a success! a blast was had by all.. and until tyler & i have one of our own, practice makes perfect hangin' out with maxwell<3




the cuteness just never stops..


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait until you have a billion babies. Get on that. Now.

    ReplyDelete